Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Oh how we love Halloween, dressing up and especially all that CANDY!! Riann decided that she wanted to be a witch about a month ago. We had a little issue with her costume, I ordered it about two weeks ago off the internet, it didn't show up until two days before Halloween and they sent us the wrong size. I e-mailed the lady and she said she would overnight the right size to us and hopefully we would get it in time for Halloween. It came about one o'clock and it was still really short, Grandma Jann to the rescue!! She was over in Show Low and happen to stop by as I was about to leave for Wal-mart to get some material to fix it. We decided to take the skirt off the wrong sized dress and add it to the other one. She made it look really cute and long enough so she could wear it to the Trunk-n-Treat. So she was our "Fairy Witch." I had seen a child costume for a scarecrow that looked simple to make, so I decided that's what Brax was going to be. Sew a few patches on a shirt, cut up the sleeves and make a little hat, notice the crow on top, and he was set. We filled our bucket full of candy at the Trunk-n-Treat, made our rounds to see the grandparents and then hit the sack. Well not really, they were so hyper from all the candy but we had a great time.

11 comments:

Summers Family said...

The costumes turned out so cute! Your kids are so adorable!

flagtown said...

So cute. Gotta love the candy.

Jerry and Charlsye Miller said...

Those are the cutest costumes!!! Did you make them???

csrussell said...

Your costumes are so adorable!!!! I had no doubt that something cute would come out of you. Miss Ya.

Nate and Amy Sorensen said...

So cute! I'm so sad that you are coming to stay at my house this weekend and I won't even be there! Didn't this happen last time???

Burdett Family said...

He is so stinkin cute good job on the costume. And Ryen is adorable too.

Christy said...

Those costumes are so cute. Just wanted to let you I started up a blog too. Hope you don't mind I added you to my friends list. Check mine out at rcbrewer.blogspot.com nothing too exciting yet but it's there!

Brittany, Kris, Kaylee, and Maizy said...

Their costumes are so cute. I wouldn't have ever known that you made Brax's costume. It looks store bought. Riann's costume is so cute too! Sounds like you had fun!

The Welkers said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big they are. We miss you guys and hope that all is well!!!

Margo said...

Hey Abbi, I saw your blog on Jen's. You have really cute kids! What is Ami up to these days. I want to get her number so we can go to lunch or something sometime if she still lives in Mesa.

Jamie said...

Love the witch costume... I want to wear orange and black striped tights! Those rock!
Anyway, it was great to see you guys last weekend, we should do it again before too much time goes by!